- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
- 1 lb of sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced with or without seeds (based on desired heat)
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup of Italian mixed cheeses, grated
- Heat oven to 350▫F
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the membranes and the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers on an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, cook the sausage meat for 5-10 minutes. Remove the meat and keep some fat in the bottom of the pan. cook the onions in the pan for about 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper, and basil. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan and mix. Cook for 5-10 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the parmesan. Mix.
- Add the mix to each of the peppers and cover with Italian cheese mix.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Note: If you can’t find sausage meat, open the casings of your favourite sausages.