This maple pork is the perfect mix of sweet and salty. Maple syrup is the ideal match for this meat. It can be served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 3 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 deboned pork roast, about 2-3 lbs
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- ¼ of a cup of mustard
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- With a sharp knife, make a dozen of small incisions in the roast. Put the mixture in the slits.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
- In a hot skillet, brown the roast on all sides in 2 tbsps. of olive oil, about 8 minutes.
- Put the roast in the oven and cook for 30 minutes per pound. Brush the roast twice during the cooking time.
- When cooked, cover the roast with aluminum paper and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the maple syrup with the mustard and use it as a dip.